January 20, 2016 by jacklovelace
My usual reminder that they are all really good, so I won’t gurgle as much as I could since this is about ranking, and that means some negative.
5. Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight. I think this is about my lukewarm feelings about watching Ruffalo on screen.
4. Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies: He delivers all the punch lines he is given perfectly. That’s not enough.
3. Christian Bale, The Big Short: Could anyone be better suited to play a weirdo and pull it off?
2. Sylvester Stallone, Creed: He’s really good and loveable but not that much different than he is in other Apollo movies.
- Tom Hardy, The Revenant: For me to pick an actor in a movie that I had some doubts about says something. I couldn’t take my eyes off this very unpleasant person who still has depth.